Thursday 29 May 2014

Online version of 3RD MOCK ZINE.

As my 3rd mock zine was created on INDESIGN, I was able to convert the finished product into a PDF and upload it to ISSUU. This allows me to post it on here for you to see as proof - as my sketch book might not be available to you. 

The direct link for it is here :

http://issuu.com/parisayers/docs/my_zineeeeee

I really like how this zine looks on the ISSUU website, however there was many reasons as to why this zine didn't work for me. One major issue was the layout, as the pages were set to portrait, I was unable to fold the paper in half to create the effect and layout I wanted. Of course I could have kept the pages how there were and taped down each side, but this would have meant a 17 page long zine which would have been very difficult to read and also there would have been a lot of tape, which would have made the zine look very messy. Another negative to this was that the image didnt quite match up on each side, it was harder to create double layouts, which is something I really like in my new zine. 

Other negatives to this mock would be the front cover, all though I will be keeping the general idea for my main zine. The image itself is too grainy. I thought that if I added noise to my image,it would give it more of a vintage effect, however with the monitor I'm using I couldn't tell just how much noise was added and the image ended up looking awful quality rather than vintage. Another element I have forgot to mention would be the size. I really dislike the zine being A4, simply because it gives the impression that the zine is a lot of photocopied hand outs stuck together. It doesnt give off he handmade with love effect I want or even that much effort was put in to the making of the zine. I also think that the size is too big to read comfortable. A5 allows you to interact with it better. 

Issues that making this mock has raised were the use of page design, so the layout, how I set it up on indesign, the page itself - so figuring out that landscape is a better set up.  Making this zine has also allowed me to view some of my ideas in more detail, it has allowed me to figure out what layouts I like, if I should keep the font im using - which would be a yes and also if the water colours work within the zine - I personally feel that they do. 

PRINT SCREENS OF ISSUU





No comments:

Post a Comment