Thursday 29 May 2014

Water Colours

As I wanted my zine to have a handmade element to it, I decided that some of my backgrounds and designs on my page will be made from water colours. These water colours were done by me, then scanned onto the computer, where I opened them in Adobe Photoshop and changed the levels, so I could create a darker look to them - this helped this idea work better with my zine ideas. 

I tried many different colours and styles of water colours, but this was the one I felt worked the best within my zine. The dark blacks and reds match the colour theme and also the personalities of the males. I also feel that it has a good connection with the name 'I'm the son of rage and love' - it needs the colours red and black. I would consider this the main reason I went with these colours and this design. 


Here is an example of how I've used it within my zine, first and second images taken from one of my earlier mock zines which can be found in my sketch book. The second taken from a B+W mock of my finished zine. 






Picture proof of me making the water colours : 







No comments:

Post a Comment