Sunday 1 June 2014

BELLY BAND DESIGN

As I mentioned before, my zine will require a belly hand so I can hold both books together. This will also work as a design feature, which I feel will make the zine more appealing and high quality. I've stuck with my initial ideas regarding the design of the zine, which was black with white font. Below is the finished product which I easily created on photoshop :


I created them by using the square shape tool and setting the colour to black. This was very simple to do and enabled me to get the lines straight and looking neat. I then used the text tool, to create the logo - with the same font as i've been using through out the zine - and began placing them in different sections of the bars. This was because I didn't know what placement I wanted the text on my zine and also to make sure if I wanted it in the middle, that it would do that.  As it turns out, I used the top bar anyway. The rest can be seen in my sketch book. 

Overally I really like the simplicity of this belly band and feel it works really well with the theme of my zine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment