Sunday 1 June 2014

HOLDING THE ZINE TOGETHER.

Due to the style of my zine, I need to find away of making all the pages fold out without getting the zine printed professionally. So with this I experimented with different stuck on papers, different colour tapes and also gluing the pages together. All these attempts can be seen in my sketch book on the mock zine pages. The style I preferred and liked the best was using tape - yes it can appear quite messy but I preferred the rugged look it creates. Originally I was using brown tape, but I felt that it was too thick and too see through. I tried cutting it, but this created a messier look which made my zine look as if it had been made quickly. So with this, I went out and looked at different tapes - I found red, green, blue and black. I made the decision to use black because it worked better with the theme of my zine and also  had more of a sleek appearence that worked with the rest of the zine. This can be seen on my 3rd mock book ... as it worked with that zine, I then used it on my final product. 





No comments:

Post a Comment